Friday 26 October 2012

Meet the mum

After a month of dating Eugenia, she asked me to join her family’s weekend dinner at scotts picnic food court for steamboat. It was a tense situation for me as well as the parents, I was somewhat unemployed while I was taking my part time degree, what am I going to say if that rather stupid question pops up from the parents? I’m sure they’re also having the same thought, what am I doing for a living? So it was really not a very good time to meet them but to make Eugenia happy I went along with her since she had so much confidence in me.

I was at my best behavior serving the future mother-in-law throughout the whole dinner and it was not too bad. Luckily that question didn’t pop up over the dining table, but I could sense that her mom was so ready to jump into that all so sensitive topic. Somehow Eugenia told them when they were back home, it really didn’t help with their digestive system. After a week or so I was in Eugenia’s room looking out of the window together with Eugenia and her mom came into the room and ask me in Chinese 你有钱养我女儿吗? (Can you afford to support my daughter?)

It went straight to my stomach and it’s the start of our nightmare till the day Eugenia dies. I vow to prove them wrong and I did it so hard that I’m still doing it even though I have already proven myself. They knew I have a lot of money but they have no idea how much and the dad still don’t think I’m capable of buying private properties, to me that’s the biggest joke but since Eugenia’s gone I don’t give a damn anymore, just want to find a new place for Aly and me and live the rest of our lives happily. They can say anything they want while we enjoy our year round holiday without even have to work for it. I don’t think they’ll ever get to know how rich I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment